Written by ccar_webmaster
Revised 1 May 2011
What information is generated when you visit C.A.R. Online?
Depending on how you use our Web site, certain types of personal and non-personal information may be generated and collected. For example, you may give us your name or e-mail address when you complete a registration screen, respond to a questionnaire or submit an e-mail to us. Any personal information that you provide to us will be used by us primarily to fulfill the stated objective for which the information was requested or collected (e.g. if information is provided as a result of you e-mailing us, we will use the information provided, such as e-mail address, to respond to you).
Other types of information that may be generated and collected when you use our Web site is information that we consider non-personal in nature. For example, we may collect the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account); the date and time you access our site or and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. We use this information to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our Web site and to help us make our Web site more useful to visitors.
What is a cookie? A cookie is a data file that is created and stored on your computer's hard drive when you visit a Web site. The typical purposes of a cookie is to make your use of the Web site easier and more convenient and to assist the Web site in tracking your use of the site. For example, a cookie may save the registration information, passwords, purchases or preferences that you create when using a Web site so you don't have to reenter this information. Cookies may also tell the Web site which areas of the site are popular and which aren't. Cookie technology is used by most major Web sites and is considered an industry standard for the Internet.
Directors and Committee Members
For use by the members of C.C.A.R., we make available on the Web site the names of members who are serving as directors or committee members of C.C.A.R.
"Contact Us" Feature
Like most sites on the Internet, our Web site contains a feature that allows you to contact us with your comments or questions. Not surprisingly, we call this feature "Contact Us." To use this feature, there is an email form in the “Contact Us” section of the Web site which you can click onto. When you do click this link, a screen will prompt you to provide us with certain information, such as your first and last name, email address, phone and fax number and your address, including your city and state.
The information collected through the "Contact Us" feature is used to investigate and respond to your inquiries. If you are a member, we may also use the information you provide to update our membership records.
Links to Other Sites
The C.C.A.R. Online Product Mall is an area on our Web site where you can purchase various real estate related products. In order to process and complete your orders though the Mall, we will need to ask you for certain information, such as your name, company name, address, state and zip code. We also need to ask you for your credit card number and expiration date.
With respect to your credit card information, this information is sent encrypted to a secure server. The information is then used to complete your purchase order. Please see the section called "Security" for more information about the security of our Web site.
We may from time to time create and use surveys on our Web site. Most surveys are simple ?click box? surveys where you click a box on the screen to indicate your response. However, we may from time to time ask you for your name, email address or demographic information. If a survey does ask you this information, we will use the information to complete the survey, compile statistics and update member records.
We may from time to time run contests on our Web site. If our contests require you to provide personal or demographic information, we will use this information primarily to complete the contest and update member records.
Like many other sites on the Internet, we sell or offerl advertising space on our Web site to other companies. The advertising space we sell is usually in the form of an electronic "advertisement banner." An advertisement banner is essentially a graphic link to the actual Internet site of the advertiser.
While we hope you find our advertiser's products helpful, we cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices of our advertisers. Therefore, like any other Internet site you may visit, we encourage you to become knowledgeable of the privacy policies and practices of our advertisers prior to providing information on their sites.
Public Chatrooms, Forums, Social Networking
Required by Law
We may disclose information provided by you if we are legally required to do so, such as by court order or subpoena.
We have adopted what we consider to be reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, theft, misuse and alteration of information collected through our Web site. However, if you are concerned about the security of the Internet or our Web site, we suggest that you not provide this information.
Other Products and Services
Although we generally collect and use information to fulfill the stated objective for which the information was requested or collected, we may also provide the information to our subsidiaries so that they may send you information regarding other products or services that may be valuable or interesting to you.
Our Web site does not currently attempt to collect or solicit information from persons who are under the age of eighteen. However, given the anonymous nature of the Internet, it is possible that someone under the age of eighteen may access our Web site and provide us with personal information. If this situation occurs and it is brought to our attention, we will not use the information in any way without prior parental consent and we will take all reasonable steps to prevent it from occurring again.
Our Web site provides you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us. Also, if you are a member of C.C.A.R., you can choose to opt out of having your name included in the REALTOR® Directory. To exercise your opt-out privilege, please feel free to e-mail us at
or write us at 525 South Virgil Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90020, Attn: C.C.A.R. Online Web Developer. Please be advised that if you are a member and choose to opt-out of receiving communications from the Web site, this may affect your ability to receive other e-mail communications that are sent to members of C.C.A.R.
If you are a member and there is information about you on our Web site which needs to be corrected or updated, please feel free to email us at
or write us at 525 South Virgil Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90020, Attn: C.C.A.R. Online Web Developer. However, in order for the correction or update to be permanent, you will need to contact your local association and make sure that the correction or update is made in their records as well.
Contacting our Web site
or write us at Calaveras County Association of REALTORS®, 1270 Suzanne Dr, Suite B, P.O. Box 313, Angels Camp, CA 95222
, Attn: C.C.A.R. Online Web Developer.
The CALAVERAS COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
1. Confidential. In general, all member information provided to C.C.A.R. by its members is treated as confidential and C.C.A.R. uses its best efforts to keep such information confidential and prevent unauthorized use.
3. Member Requests. From time to time, you may contact C.C.A.R. and make requests. In order to respond to your request, we may need to access and use your member information. For example, we may need to access your preferred mailing address to send you the information you requested.
4. Names of Directors and Committee Members; Use of Preferred Contact Information. For use by C.C.A.R. members and for purposes of conducting C.C.A.R. Board of Directors meetings, we make available on our web site (www.car.org) and in other print and electronic formats the names of those C.C.A.R. members serving as directors or committee members of C.C.A.R. In addition, in order to provide meeting related information and to send official Board of Directors notices, we access and use the preferred contact information of C.C.A.R. directors and committee members, including email and mailing addresses.
6. Request from the Public. If the public contacts C.C.A.R. and requests information regarding one of its members, we may check our member database and verify to the public whether the person(s) is in fact a member of C.C.A.R. We may also provide the public with the name and telephone number of the firm that the member is affiliated with and the local association through which the member holds membership. However, in no event will we provide personal information to the public, such as your home address and telephone number, unless required by a subpoena, search warrant or other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm to the public or other members.
7. ?Listservs.? From time to time, C.C.A.R. may create and maintain a ?listserv? for a particular topic or subject of interest to its members. A listserv is a program that sends emails to the addresses on the listserv?s list. If you provided your email address to C.C.A.R., your email address may be used on a listserv. In other situations, the listserv may only be available if you affirmatively sign up to participate. In any event, if you decide you do not want to participate in a particular listserv, the first email you receive from the listserv should provide you instructions on how to opt out of the service.
8. Orders; Credit Card Information. C.C.A.R. sells various real estate related products and services to its members. In order to process and complete orders, we may need to access your member information, such as your name, company name, address, state and zip code. This information will only be used to process your order (i.e. ship and mail your order) and to send you information regarding updates to the products or services you purchased. If you pay for your order by credit card, we will need to ask you for your credit card number and expiration date, which will be used solely to complete your order and otherwise kept confidential.
9. Choice/Opt Out. C.C.A.R. recognizes the importance of your privacy. If you do not want your member information displayed or used in one or more of the manners described above, please read the following instructions:
To opt out of having your name and business contact information included in the REALTOR® Directory, please email us at:
or write us at: 525 South Virgil Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90020, Attn: C.C.A.R. Online Web Developer. Please be sure to specify in your email or writing that you want to be removed from the REALTOR® Directory on C.C.A.R. Online. To insure your request is processed timely and accurately, please provide the following information with your request: first name, last name, office name, office telephone number, DRE license number, and NRDS or C.C.A.R. member number. C.C.A.R. will process your request as quickly as possible; however, your name may continue to be reproduced in the REALTOR® Directory until the request is ultimately processed. C.C.A.R. apologizes in advance for any inconveniences this may cause.
To opt out of having your preferred contact information provided to third parties, please email us at:
or write us at: 525 South Virgil Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90020, Attn: Third Party Opt Out Request. To insure your request is processed timely and accurately, please provide the following information with your request: first name, last name, office name, office telephone number, DRE license number, and NRDS or C.C.A.R. member number. C.C.A.R. will process your request as quickly as possible; however, you may continue to receive third party communications until the request is ultimately processed. C.C.A.R. apologizes in advance for any inconveniences this may cause.
Please note, if you are a director or committee member of C.C.A.R., you cannot opt out of having your name reproduced and your preferred contact information used in the manner described in Sections 4 and 5 above.
11. Corrections/Updates. If there is member information about you which needs to be corrected or updated, please email us at
or write us at 525 South Virgil Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90020, Attn: Membership Records. However, in order for the correction or update to be permanent, you will need to contact your local association and make sure that the correction or update is made in its records as well.